Residential development for Grade II listed former Hallmark factory approved
Updated: Mar 3
Plans to turn the former headquarters of Hallmark cards into a development of hundreds of homes have been praised by Bradford Council’s Regulatory and Appeals Committee.
The original building was built in 1936 by W N Sharpe of Bradford as the Headquarters for his successful printing business and was acquired with the business by Hallmark Cards in 1984 for nearly £21m.
Now CDI is working together with The Investment Room to deliver well-presented apartments located within this magnificent conversion in Bradford.
The development will consist of 4 Phases, with the main 1930s art deco building to be converted into 144 luxury flats, an existing plant building to be converted into a community building.
A warehouse building on the site would be turned into 137 flats and a new apartment building of 104 flats would be built on site, as well as a new community facility created in an existing building.
CDI’s duties include full survey works, load assessments for the development as a whole, full design works in support of rationalisation, adaption and new installations and a "watching brief”.